Thursday, April 28, 2011

All I am is Yours...or maybe just this portion over here?

I am called to be apart of the Kingdom of God.
That Kingdom, I am learning, is all around me.
We are supposed to
"...deny ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world." (Titus 2:12, KJV)    (In plain American language, that means to "turn away from evil and the desires of this world, we may be living wisely and uprightly in the knowledge of God in this present life.")
We are in this world, but not of this world. Got it.

Well, how the heck am i supposed to act like I'm not of this world, when i've been in this world my entire life? I have no idea how else to act.

Deny Ungodliness:
Deny what MTV says. It's not my sex life, it's God's life that I gave to Him. Jesus died to save my life, so in turn, I give the only thing I have back to Him. My life. That means saying no to everything that's wrong.
1.Don't focus my life on anything other than God.
2. Don't think about, or engage in anything more than you do God's Work (this includes family, relationships, work, church, school, TV, texting, internet. anything that occupies your time more than God.)
3.I need to stop saying OMG, using curse words, and doing things that make God's name look bad.
4.I need to go to Church every sunday, and respect the Day that Jesus made for His people.
5. Even though my dad is confusing me and hurting me and just completely pissing me off, I still need to honor and respect him. When my mom isn't being lovable, I still need to love her.
6. Stop killing. This isn't just murder. The tounge has the power of life and death. I need to stop saying "I Hate You!" and cutting people down. No one is retarded, stupid, gay, dumb, or anything else that I have called them that's mean.
7. No Ringy, No Dingy. Sex is for marraige, and lust is a sin. If I look at Zac Efron and fantasise, that's adultery in my mind, and in God's eyes it's as if I've commited the sin physically.
8. Don't steal. Anything. Joy, possesions, life, anything. I think this pretty much speaks for itself.
9. Don't lie. Don't cheat, exaggerate, bend/twist the truth, or tell a half lie. If you have something now, don't wait and give it to the borrower later. Say yes for yes, and no for no. and mean it!
10. Don't be upset that you dont have what someone else does. Be grateful, and give thanksgiving to the Lord.

Live Soberly:
I think everything i just put above explains this. we are to love God, and love others. always always always put ourselves last.
everything in a Kingdom Person's life is to bring God's name glory.
He has made us holy, that means set apart.

I think living righteously and godly is explained without saying.

I watched a Joyce Meyer episode this morning for the first time.
She said:
"Don't give up your life to make someone else happy, when in the end, they won't care!"

I need to stop worshipping everyone else. I need to worship God.
Worship...
I need to think of Him, talk of Him, write and sing of Him, all the time.
What people say, doesn't matter.
What they've told me about myself, was a lie.
I am a daughter of God.
He CHOSE me!

But no one can have the honor of being a high priest simply by wanting to be one. Only God can choose a priest, and God is the one who chose Aaron.
                           -Hebrews 5:4 (CEV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks, come again