Friday, September 23, 2011

red and white.

So this is a poem written by Renee Yohe on her blog. i decided to repost it because it describes me.
People always ask me to define myself. Like I belong in Webster's world with all the other barbie dolls.
So to all the suburban bystanders, I'm here to party.
I’m somewhere in between… somewhere that is not the place you may want me to be, where you can nod your head, where it all makes sense and fits perfectly in your little box. You know the one, the box that you have labeled and sits next to the others in front of you, making you feel warm and secure, like you understand everything. I’m not light, I am not darkness, I am paving my path the best I can and I am, human. I make messes. Really big catastrophic ones. I wipe out cities with a slight of hand. With these same hands I build, I restore, I reconstruct. I fortify myself and give as I can, it is in my blood to give… It has not been natural to love myself, it has not come easy to give to me, but I am learning. … I am learning to listen, and to obey, even when it seems I am trampling undeserving bystanders to follow, please don’t forget my humanity. I ask for grace. I offer compassion as best I know how, I know now, because it is what I most need. All I want, what we all need, is just permission to be… and someone to love us as we are (as we become).But first, we must give to ourselves. In that we accept that we are never fully light, and we hold back the dark, fully content and truly free. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks, come again